Sandia Tribal Gaming
The Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission’s primary mission is to regulate all gaming activities on the Pueblo lands for the purpose of ensuring that the Pueblo of Sandia is the primary beneficiary of gaming revenue, assure that gaming activities are conducted fairly and honestly by both gaming operators and players, safeguard the tribal assets from corrupting influences, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and tribal gaming laws.
To properly regulate gaming for the Pueblo of Sandia, the Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Tribal gaming laws, the Commission is comprised of the following:
- Commissioners – primary responsibility is setting policy for gaming on Pueblo lands, reviewing and approving gaming activities, and hearing gaming disputes that may arise between a patron and the gaming operation
- Administration – The Executive Director is responsible for oversight and supervision of all department actions and activities involving regulation of gaming.
- Investigations – The Investigations Department investigates any known or reported gaming activity of a suspicious nature by gaming employees or gaming patrons.
- Licensing – The Licensing department evaluates potential associates and vendors to the standards set forth by Federal, State and Tribal Law.
- Regulation – The Regulation department monitors and audits the gaming operation to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Tribal gaming laws.
- Surveillance – The Surveillance department monitors through an extensive surveillance system all the gaming activities and events within the casino.
These Commission activities are just a snapshot of all the areas that the Commission is responsible for. There are several sub-activities that each department undertakes in order to monitor the gaming activities and needs of the gaming operation.
STGC Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Surveillance is 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Pueblo of Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission
30 Rainbow Road
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Richard Chissoe – Chairman
Shawn R. Aragon – Vice-Chairman
Valarie Denetdeel – Commissioner
Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission Tip Line 505-798-7444
The Sandia Tribal Gaming Commission has established an automated 24-hour confidential tip line. This tip line enables anyone to report anonymously information regarding the Gaming Operation or personnel who are performing unlawful acts such as theft, fraud, embezzlement, falsifying documents, forgery, and gaming related cheats or scams. No attempt will be made to identify callers; should a caller wish, he or she can include contact information in the voice message.