FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute (EMI) offers Web-based courses for those with emergency management responsibilities, as well as the general public. These courses are free of charge and can be found at the following link: http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.aspx
EMI also offers resident courses at their campus in Emmitsburg, Maryland. These courses are free of charge to tribal, local, state and federal employees with emergency management responsibilities. For a list of these courses, see the following link:
http://training.fema.gov/emicourses/. Contact the Pueblo of Sandia Emergency Management Department for more information.
The New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) offers a variety of training for tribal and local agencies with emergency management responsibilities. For a calendar of DHSEM training, see the following link: http://www.nmdhsem.org/Professional_Development_1.aspx
The Department of Emergency Management also works closely with the Pueblo of Sandia Training Division to provide subject matter expertise regarding emergency preparedness issues for various training courses. By request, the Department of Emergency Management will facilitate courses on emergency management-related subjects. For more information, contact Tanya Allen at 505.798.7481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the upcoming year, departmental personnel will be taking a variety of courses to move the Pueblo of Sandia closer to becoming compliant with the National Incident Management System (NIMS). Click on the links below to access these online courses.
- IS-230.D: The Fundamentals of Emergency Management
- IS-100.C: An Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-200.C: Basic Incident Command System (ICS) for Initial Response
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS-701.A: NIMS Multiagency Coordination Systems Training
- IS-29.A: Public Information Officer Awareness
- IS-703.A: NIMS Resource Management Training
- IS-706: NIMS Intrastate Mutual Aid
- IS-2200: Basic Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Functions
- IS-800.C: An Introduction to the National Response Framework (NRF)